National Novel Writing Month

Tevokkia
So, anyone else doing NaNoWriMo?

I'm doing a fantasy/sci-fi rendition of Beauty and the Beast with a lobster-like space pirate beast (who is not called Beast).

If you're participating, what are you up to? How's it coming along?

Re: National Novel Writing Month

sheshallnotbenameless
I love your idea! I'm finishing up a retelling of the myth of Hades and Persephone (which is Beauty and the Beast-esque, I suppose?) but it also features an alternative twist on Christianity. I'm currently at 12k words so that's pretty exciting, but alas, an essay has come between me and my novel. Sigh.

Re: National Novel Writing Month

Tevokkia
This post was updated on .
Ooh, that sounds fun. Too bad the essay had to sneak in there ... hopefully you'll be able to finish it and get some momentum back on your story. Any idea what you want to do with your story when it's finished? Is it a personal piece for your own amusement, or something you plan on sharing?

My name on the NaNo forums is Tevokkia, if you want a writing buddy. :)