Introductions

MsMegan
Administrator
Welcome to the book club!

By popular demand, we're here to talk about our favourite literary versions of Beauty and the Beast! Sit down, put the kettle on, get your jammies and big shruggy blanket, it's time to meet our fellow readers!

I'm Megan. I'm your book club forum moderator. I also draw the webcomic adaptation of Beauty and The Beast that this forum is affiliated with, and maintain the related tumblr blog. If you have any worries,  drop me an email at batbcomic@gmail.com!

In the real world, I'm a freelance cartoonist. I work at a little studio called Comic Book Embassy, along with a bunch of other amazing illustrators. I also co-host High Tea at the Embassy, a monthly get-together for women in creative fields (if you're in town, drop in on us the last Sunday of every month!). Fairy tales have been a passion of mine since childhood, and Beauty and the Beast has always been a particular favourite. I  drink too much tea, eat too much cake, and live with too many rabbits.

So! Who are you?
read Beauty and The Beast online!

Re: Introductions

Stitchlingbelle
Hi, I'm Stitchlingbelle/ Heather. I'm an obsessive reader, occasional writer, costumer, and Irish dancer. I stay at home with my 3-year-old daughter. The Disney version of Beauty and the Beast came out when I was seven and launched a lifelong obsession of the tale and all it's variants, so I can't tell you how happy I am about this book club!

Re: Introductions

Tevokkia
Hi all!

My real name is Alisha, but more people call me Tev so I'm actually more comfortable responding to that.   I'm an avid lover of fairy tales, fables, and other traditional stories and songs, and Beauty and the Beast has long been one of my favorites.

I'm married, with a 4 year-old daughter and a ball python.  I work as a self-taught freelance artist ... my art can be found on either tumblr or deviantart. I like children's films and YA novels more than things made for adults, but do enjoy the occasional mature adventure. I'm also a habitual drinker of vast quantities of tea, although I must say I envy Megan's cake and bunnies, both of which I see far too little of.

Re: Introductions

Nicole
Hello everyone! My name's Nicole. I'm 23, and working part time in retail and part time as a writing assistant at  university (shout out to any English majors out there) Read East by Edith Pattou when I was 15 or so and have been obsessed with any and all fairy tale adaptations, esp. batb ever since then, even written some papers about them. Excited to get this book club under way.

Re: Introductions

Rosengeist
Administrator
Hey there fellow Batb fans!

My name is Laura, though online I go by Rosengeist. I help the lovely Ms. Megan moderate the website, and I'm taking the helm for her on the film discussion board. I'm a 26 year old cartoonist, writer and general freelancer working to complete an M.F.A in Sequential Art.   I've been into Batb as far back as I can recall, I remember being old enough to wonder when Disney would make their version...only to see a trailer for the first time a few months later.  It's a weirdly vivid and strong memory.

I'm working on a variation of the story myself as well as working on a webcomic that started as a BatB story...somehow, it almost always manages to sneak itself into my work.

I'm so glad to meet all of you, you seem like a clever insightful lot and I am looking forward to the discussions we could get into about this.

Re: Introductions

Laevateinn102
Hello, I'm Emily, also known as Laevateinn102. I'm a Pokemon-obsessed, cartoon-loving 19 Year old (soon to be 20 in November) who studies German and English at university.

Beauty and the Beast has been in my childhood for as long as I can remember, but if I had to choose a favorite retelling, it would have to be 'Panna a Netvor'/'Kraska a Zvire' by Juraj Herz and Francis Hrubin.

I eat way too many Pringles, drink too much tea and I have to put up with two of the weirdest cats on the planet (named Ezra and Minnie).

Re: Introductions

Abigail Brooks
This post was updated on .
Good afternoon, everyone.  My name is Abby.  I'm a recent college graduate (I studied English, anthropology, and religion) and am currently bouncing between seasonal jobs.  In my free time, I do a great deal of reading, some writing, and draw occasionally.  I live with my two older siblings and their three polydactyl cats.  My first experience with "Beauty and the Beast" was the Disney film version, though since then I've read a few different retellings of the story.  I haven't picked a favorite quite yet.

Re: Introductions

Valeriane
Hello everyone!
Name is Valériane, I'm a French aspiring comic artist, a long time aficionado of fairy tales and an art store saleswoman (the three part of my life are AWESOME). I live with one cat and half (nothing horrible, Crevette is just half the size and weight of Valium) , way too many sketchbooks and enough books to build a small fortress.
I apologize in advance for my English, I'm bad at tense and idioms, but at worse, it'll give you a smile for the day.

Re: Introductions

verathane
hey I'm verathane! Im 17 and in high school. I just found this webcomic a couple weeks ago i love fairy tales especially beauty and the beast. beauty is my favorite book.

Re: Introductions

sheshallnotbenameless
Hello everyone! I'm sheshallnotbenameless from Tumblr, or Alyssa if you'd prefer. I'm a college student graduating this year with a degree in Creative Writing and a minor in Film Studies. I'm currently a cashier with little idea of what I want to do with my life, but I do adore writing novels. I'm currently editing (for the umpteenth time) my Beauty and the Beast retelling, which will hopefully be on sale sometime this winter if all goes well. I stumbled on the web comic when I was going on another BatB binge to try and inspire myself for an earlier round of novel edits. It's pretty much safe to say that I'm obsessed with the comic now. ;)

I'm not sure how much of the book club discussion I'll be able to participate in, as I'm pretty swamped this semester, but I'm definitely going to try to read the books along with you guys!

Re: Introductions

elfqueenvik
Hello Im Victoria I work in retail and in general keep my Husbands life interesting with my shenanigans. I am a bibliophile and back in High School I borrowed a copy of Beast by Donna Jo Napoli from the libraty and was hooked since then. I am a lover of folklore mythology and all things beauty and the beast. I like to collect Beauty and the Beast retellings so Im am very excited about the book forum.