Book Club Schedule

12

Re: Book Club Schedule

elfqueenvik
some others that we may want to look into as well are Scarlet in the Snow by Sophie Masson, It recently has come out and pulls from the Russian version (witch is not to different from the french.) as well as another Russian folklore. I have yet to read it but want to. Another is The Beauty of the Beast by Alexandra Lanc with is in the pov of "Gaston"

As a side note I tend to collect BatB rettlings so i am very excited about this book club.
Also perhaps the film club should do Beastly while the Book club does Beastly (although the book is better)

Re: Book Club Schedule

MsMegan
Administrator
IThese sounds fantastic! 've been wondering if two books a month would be overkill or not...I mean, I know I'd tear through them, but we may have some slower readers, busy moms, and folks for whom english isn't their first language...

I definitely hope Film Club will run some simultaneous discussion for books that have theatrical versions! Now, I know Company of Wolves is Red Riding Hood and not BATB, but this month is bloody chamber.... *wiggles eyebrows at Laura*
read Beauty and The Beast online!

Re: Book Club Schedule

elfqueenvik
I think it would depend on the length of the book The series that Belle by Cameron Dokey are all short books so perhaps with some yes. (say for example we to Belle and that horrid other tale Spritied or something else that is also short.) At the very least the forum does make a good sounding board so to speak for those whom may not have time to learn more and see if they'd be interested in that particular version.

Re: Book Club Schedule

Tevokkia
Considering that no one has had anything nice to say about Spirited thus far, I vote that maybe we skip that one. XD
12